Performing Arts Center
The need for an auditorium on the Brainerd High School campus was revealed during the Blueprint 181 long-range facilities planning process. The Board of Education’s plan for the secondary schools, ballot Question 2, includes a 950-seat auditorium. A plan to upgrade this facility to a Performing Arts Center is ballot Question 3.
- An auditorium on campus for the safety of students in band, orchestra and choir who must currently walk across busy streets to get to Tornstrom Auditorium
- At least 950 seats to accommodate at least two of the Brainerd High School classes at one time
- More classroom and storage space for performing arts classes and programs
THE PLAN - BALLOT QUESTION THREE
- Upgrade the proposed high school auditorium to a 1,200-seat performing arts center, encompassing an orchestra pit, lighting and acoustic updates;
- Approval of Question 3 will be contingent upon the approval of Question 2.
$8 million, or $1 per month property tax increase on the median home value of $156,200.